There are many ways First Friends Meeting helps serve our community:
- We open our doors to numerous recovery groups – at least ten different 12 step groups gather regularly at our meetinghouse.
- We provide space for Guilford Country School groups, and serve as being a polling site.
- Our Meetinghouse is available for weddings and union/commitment services.
- Besides providing our own food pantry every fourth Thursday of the month, we also serve a monthly meal at Urban Ministries.
- Through our Peace & Social Concerns committee we are involved in service projects such as Family Promise (working with families who are homeless), Out of the Garden (a food backpack program) as well as joining with other faith groups in working for peace.
If you are interested in joining any of our service efforts, please contact the office and we will gladly help you make the appropriate connections.